This is a guide to help new users install the game, step by step, helping to avoid errors which may prevent a successful installation.
Install Big Time Launcher:
- To download the Launcher go to: https://bigtime.gg/play-now
And click on the "Download" link to download the launcher.
- After the download finishes go to the download location for the Setup file run it as administrator (right-click and select Run as Administrator).A message will appear asking to allow setup.exe to perform changes on your device.
Click 'Yes' to allow the installation to continue.
- Indicate where you would like to install the game. Please make sure that the location you choose has enough free space to install the game.
- After that the Launcher will start the installation:
- If the installation was successful, the following message should appear:
- Run the "Big Time Launcher" application - either via the shortcut installed on your Windows Desktop, or by searching for "Big Time Launcher" in Windows Start Menu.
NOTE: If this is your first time running Big Time, a Windows Firewall prompt may appear asking whether to allow the application to connect to the internet. It is necessary to select "ALLOW" in order for Big Time to function properly. If you bypass this prompt, or run into any issues, please refer to this article for further support: How to allow Big Time to work with Windows Firewall
- The first time the launcher opens, a privacy notification will appear. This data helps us improve the game by sending launcher issues, playtime, and crash data to us.
- Click SIGN IN WITH GOOGLE which will open a window on your default browser for you to login. Please note that is essential to LOGIN WITH THE SAME USER THAT THAT YOU CREATED ON OPEN LOOT.
- Once logged in, you will see the "Install" button. Click this to install/update the game.
- A "PLAY" button will now appear. Click this to launch the game and enjoy!
If you encounter any issues launching or running the game, please read below for some general troubleshooting tips.
- Ensure your system meets the minimum System Requirements.
- Verify you are connecting to the "Live" branch. Click on "SWITCH BETWEEN CHANNELS" and make sure that the "Live" option of the game is selected.
- Some issues may be resolved by ensuring that Big Time and/or Big Time Launcher is run with the highest privileges. Open the folder where you installed the launcher (Step 3 above), right-click on the Big Time Launcher icon and choose the option "Run as Administrator".
If you continue to have issues, please submit a ticket for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.