Player Code of Conduct
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- STANDARDS AND VALUES
- OBLIGATIONS WHILE PLAYING
- ETHICAL DECISION-MAKING
- BREACHES TO THE CODE
Big Time Studios Ltd. (“BTS”) is committed to providing a safe, empowering, positive, and fun gaming experience for all players inside the Big Time Game (the “Game”). Therefore, this players code of conduct (this “Code”) is aligned with BTS’s Code of Ethics, standards and values. The Code is designed to promote honest, ethical, and lawful conduct by all of the users (the “Users” or “User”) while playing the Game.
Community is essential to have fun. For the Game to thrive, we must create and protect a culture based on honesty and respect. We hope the Users enjoy healthy interactions with other Users who play the Game. Together, we can achieve a positive gaming experience for all.
2. STANDARDS AND VALUES
This Code is intended to help the Users understand BTS’s standard of conduct and values to stimulate awareness of ethical and legal issues that the Users may encounter while playing the Game if the Users do not comply with BTS’s rules as described in Section 3. BTS encourages all Users to display good sportsmanship and treat each other with respect. Since BTS conducts all its operations and transactions with honesty, integrity, and openness, and with respect for human rights, BTS expects its Users to do that too.
3. OBLIGATIONS WHILE PLAYING
The following rules are intended to help BTS and the Users cultivate a healthy and fun community. We reserve the right to act against those who do not abide by our Code, and BTS will exercise the right to suspend and/or terminate the User’s access to the Game if BTS identifies behavior that violates this Code. BTS expects its Users to respect all other Users, play fair, be nice, and respect other Users’ privacy. Therefore, as way of example, and not as a limitation, BTS will NOT tolerate the following:
- Any language deemed to be vulgar to others, defamatory, unlawful, offensive, libelous, slanderous, threatening, harmful, abusive, harassing, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, racially and/or ethnically.
- Offensive and/or inappropriate conduct, bullying, and hate speech towards other Users regardless of the language used. Any form of prejudice including (but not limited to) race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, political opinion, disability, capability, and/or age.
- Harassment of any kind is prohibited. This includes any attempt to harm, abuse, or harass another User, including threatening, intimidating, shaming, stalking or coercing BTS’s employees.
- Use language or gestures that refer to sexual violence, other violence, or sexual harassment.
- Use the Game to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others, such as posting and/or sharing other Users’ personal or private information.
- Any form of cheating, hacking, using third party, or in-game exploits.
- Sharing content related to mature violence, pornography, drugs, sexual situations, or that violate the law.
- The use of offensive, obscene or inappropriate Usernames, logos, branding, or avatars.
- Send, post, upload, transmit, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available any content that infringes the intellectual property rights of any User and any content that contains any hate-related or violent content or contains any other material or products that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third-party rights.
- Distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, spyware, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature, or that may harvest or collect any data or information about other Users without their consent.
- Engage in, promote, or encourage illegal activity.
- Interfere with other Users’ enjoyment of the Game.
- Exploit the Game for any unauthorized commercial purpose.
- Post or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, or promotional materials, that are in the nature of "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other similar form of solicitation.
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Game.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Game or any part of it.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the Game.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Game or the content posted on the Game, or to collect information about its Users for any unauthorized purpose.
- Create a User’s BTS account (“Big Time Account”) by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses, as well as impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise).
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any other User's Big Time Account, password or content.
- Access or use the Game for the purpose of creating a product or service that is competitive with the Game.
4. ETHICAL DECISION-MAKING
Ethical conduct is value-driven decision-making. The following key questions can help Users to identify situations that may be unethical, inappropriate or illegal. Before communicating with other Users, we recommend the Users ask themselves the following questions: Is what I am sharing/doing legal?; Does it respect the rights or feelings of others?; Is this the right thing to do?.
Ensuring the quality of the Game while playing is our mission, and we hope it is the User’s mission too. BTS aims to provide a safe, secure, and welcoming environment in the Game for all Users. If a User encounters another User who breaches the Code, please report it to BTS for immediate investigation at: https://bigtimestudios.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Any breaches of the Code must be reported. All efforts will be made to handle the investigation confidentiality.
While BTS encourages Users to report any behavior that violates the Code, please keep in mind that falsely reporting another User with the sole purpose of restricting their gameplay is also prohibited.
6. BREACHES TO THE CODE
Breaches to the Code could have very serious consequences for the User involved. Where illegal conduct is involved, these could include significant fines for the User.
Allegations of violations to the Code will be reviewed and investigated by BTS once detected and/or notified. Actions taken against Users for violations of the Code will be determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the severity of the case.
Actions taken against a User can be a warning or a ban – either temporary or permanent. If the User gets permanently banned, the User will lose the ability to access the Game. Upon a ban, the User’s right to use the Game will immediately cease. If the User plays using multiple accounts, actions may be taken against all of them. Cheating will result in immediate actions such as game-suspension, game-banning.
In the event that fraud, illegality or other conduct that violates this Code is discovered or reported (whether by a you or other User) that is connected with the User’s Big Time Account, Open Loot will be informed and your Big Time Account may be terminated.
BTS may terminate or suspend the User without prior notice or liability. Users will not receive any refunds if the User’s Big Time Account is terminated for any reason described in Section 3, and BTS will not be liable to the User or to any third party for any such suspension or termination. Any suspension or termination will be in addition to any other remedies BTS may have at law or in equity. Upon any termination or suspension the User may no longer have access to any In-game information.
Now, let’s game!
Please sign in to leave a comment.